Tuesday, April 20, 2010

You Can't Go Back Now


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Lately I've been tired. Exhausted to be more exact.

My days are busy and my life seems so out of control at times.

I wonder, how did I end up here?

A house full of kids, a sink full of dishes, a calendar full of events, work responsibilities, church callings, the list never ends.

I find myself day dreaming of sunny days and white sandy beaches.

I often think of how easy life was before I joined the ranks of motherhood.

How Eric and I used to have things to talk about, other than the logistics of getting to a soccer game, or what time is practice?

It seems that these days we are in the trenches of parenting. We are busy. We are tired. We are parents.

The words of this song ring true. It doesn't matter......You Can't Go Back Now......

And despite the exhaustion.

I don't want to. I really don't.

I love being a mom.

So for that reason, I will walk on.

But, if for some reason, I come up missing.

Don't check the beach ;)




2 comments:

  1. I'm ready for a break, too. Can I go to the beach with you if you go, that sounds nice. I just want the warm sun so the kids can play outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan! We are going to the beach, lol! The words definitely ring true in my house.

    ReplyDelete